The International Innovators Initiative (IN2NYC) aims to address the challenges faced by international entrepreneurs when attempting to obtain a work visa by helping them become eligible for uncapped H-1B visas. The program connects international entrepreneurs selected through a competitive process with a City University of New York school. Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to build their businesses in CUNY co-working spaces alongside other innovators, while using their areas of expertise to contribute to campus life through activities such as participation in academic research and mentorship of student entrepreneurs.
By harnessing and distributing international entrepreneurial talent around New York City, IN2NYC will create high-quality jobs, foster the development of new entrepreneurship ecosystems, and provide educational resources for CUNY students and faculty.
The program is open to international entrepreneurs who have started businesses abroad and would like to relocate or expand to NYC, as well as international students graduating from U.S. universities or Optional Practical Training (OPT) programs who have founded their own businesses while on student visas.
For additional information from our partners at MEC School of Business, click here.
For International Entrepreneurs, starting a business just got easier
The International Innovators Initiative (IN2NYC) enables international entrepreneurs to build their businesses in NYC by connecting entrepreneurs with the partners and resources to qualify for cap-exempt H-1B visas. IN2NYC is partnering with Medgar Evers College, School of Business to provide opportunities for applicants with a focus on Minority and Women owned Business Enterprises [MWBE).
HOW DOES IN2NYC WORK?
- Entrepreneurs selected through a competitive process will be matched with one of seven partner City University of New York [CUNY) schools.
- Entrepreneurs and schools will form collaborative partnerships, enabling entrepreneurs to qualify for cap-exempt H-1B visas.
- Entrepreneurs will utilize their expertise to contribute to school communities and further school missions.
- Schools will lease co-working space to entrepreneurs, providing access to office amenities, support services, and technical equipment.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- International entrepreneurs who have started a business overseas and would like to relocate or expand to NYC.
- International entrepreneurs currently based in the United States who have started a business but whose appropriate immigration status is expiring.
- International students graduating from U.S. universities or Optional Practical Training programs who have started their own businesses.